Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Book Tagged by Canadi-Anna – The Blue Maple Leaf Responds

Canadia-Anna is a Conservative blogger from Toronto, Ontario. She is the author of a site called Canadianna’s Place. It is worth noting that The Blue Maple Leaf was originally born and raised close by in Mississauga, but moved to Winnipeg in October of 1990.

On Tuesday, The Blue Maple Leaf published an article titled ‘More anti-American propaganda from the CBC – Liberal Hypocrisy in Story of Sovereign Airspace. In the comments section of that article Canadi-Anna applied a book tag.

The Four Questions of the book tag with my answers are as follows:

1. How many books do you own?

I own less than 10 books. I have two books on computer networking that I bought and never read. I have Tom Clancy’s novel ‘Rainbow Six’. I have two textbooks on instrument flying, since I hold a commercial pilot’s license with all the important ratings, including an IFR rating. I have an encyclopedia of airplanes that a good friend, Dr. Al ‘the man’ Jones, bought for me. I have a copy of the ‘NIV study Bible’ that was a gift of Sheldon Loeppky and Paul Martins, two of the nicest, old school countries boys I have ever known. I have a copy of H. Norman Schwarzkopf’s biography, ‘It Doesn’t Take a Hero’ (General Schwarzkopf was the four star General in charge of allied forces during Desert Shield and Desert Storm, the first Persian Gulf war against Iraq in 1991). And finally, I have an autographed copy of David Earle Johnson’s book The Land is Still Mine which I won in a contest from Israel National Radio’s Tovia Singer Show.

2. What is the latest book you bought?

‘The Land is Still Mine’ is the latest book I received, but ‘Rainbow Six’ was the last book I actually paid for.

3. What is the last book you read?

The last book I read was ‘The Land is Still Mine’, but I was not able to finish. The last book I finished was ‘It doesn’t take a hero’ and it was the fourth time I read it in full.

4. Which 5 books mean a lot to you?

The Bible is the one book that means the most to me, because it is the one book that has had the most impact on my life. The Bible also has a lot of clearly written end time prophecy. When people say things like, “the way things are going in Canada with the liberal MSM and Ontario voters, the liberals are destined to retain power until Kingdom come,” it is reassuring to know that this is not such a long time.

‘It doesn’t take a Hero’ is my next favorite book, because there are so many life lessons in it. There is no questioning the fact that war is profane, but for sake of peace, we must always be prepared to wage it and win decisively. Since we (Canada) are not prepared, it is good to know that our closest friend and trading partner (The United States) is.

Thank you Canadi-Anna for taking the time to book tag me.

2 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Blogger Canadi-anna said...

Thanks for playing, Michael.
A small but interesting collection you have there.
So you fly? Cool. Chicken myself. I'd rather walk anywhere than get near a plane.
The NIV is easier for me to digest, but the old language of the KJV is my prefered bible -- it's so poetic -- but the I find study bibles are helpful.
I'm not an ardent fan of end-times prophecies (in all aspects I my life I try to avoid the unpleasant things) but sometimes I look around . . .
It was good of you to share.
Cheers.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Rink Rat said...

Got to http://www.logos.com there you will find a bible software package called the Bible Study Library. I have an earlier version called the eBible. I'd recommend the Bible Study Library (QB) CD-ROM - Logos Bible Software Series X. At $250.00 it's a bit pricy, but worth every nickel. I also had to add the NIV and NASB95 for about $120 but I now have a very comprehensive package that provides a view of multiple translations in parallel. Click on a word to get it's original language word and definition. Word study to get a complete original Hebrew or Greek translation. Worth a look. I use a laptop. Running on a desktop with the video screen flicker might make your eyes start twitching. Believe me when I say, you'll wonder how you ever managed without it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home